Are you focusing on organization for your 2017 New Year’s resolution? Don’t lose your motivation when organizing your home. Lookout Self Storage has fast and easy tips to refresh every room. We understand why organization matters and we want to help make your life hassle free.
- Start by organizing the busiest room in the house. Make piles for items you are putting in the trash, donating, or relocating in your house.
- Now is the time to part with items and knick-knacks you have no need for or haven’t used in years.
- Welcome the waste can. Get one that matches the décor of the room and place it near an entrance for easy finding. If you know food will be thrown away in this trash can find one with a lid to lock in all unwanted smells.
- Keep the top of your coffee table clutter free with extra storage underneath. Decorative boxes will solve your need for space.
- Make room in your closet or dresser for knitted sweaters. Folding them will help keep their shape.
- Pick an organization plan to follow when hanging your clothes, color coded, by style or by occasion. Whichever system you choose, stick to it!
- Add cubbies, boxes, or a storage ottoman at the foot of the bed for a creative way to store belongings out of sight.
- Use the 3-6 month rule when making edits to your wardrobe. Anything not worn in 3-6 months should be donated.
- Make laundry day simple and fast with stack-able laundry baskets for easy sorting.
- Keep your products to a minimum. Go through the medicine cabinet and cleaning supplies regularly and discard expired items.
- Consider adding a metal tiered hanging basket in the shower. This gives sponges and rags a chance to dry without unwanted smells.
- Add sliding trays under the sink to allow for easy access for a trash can or cleaning supplies. Consider buying metal trays to make cleaning them a breeze.
- Use clear bins to make it easy for kids to see what’s inside. Keep the bins small and labeled so kids don’t need to dump out the whole bin to see what’s inside.
- Use your wall space wisely. Keep clutter off the floor by adding hooks and pegboards to hang costumes and other clothes.
- Corral the animals in a hanging net. Stuffed animals can clutter your kids playroom so keep them off the floor and in their own flexible net.
- Find or make duel purposing furniture such as a stool with a storage compartment inside.
Lookout Self Storage wants to help you stay on top of the clutter. With our storage professionals at the ready and our supplies on site, you will have the skills and equipment to get your house in tip top shape.